Problem With Ceramic Tile Shower Surround Walls

Users who are viewing this thread

punkpk

Reaction score
I recently installed 12x12' squares of ceramic tile on the walls of the shower surround in my bathroom. I lined up one of the grout lines to go through the center of the faucet and shower head, but this cause a gap between the adjacent wall and the wall that houses the faucets. The walls are not level to begin with, as this is an older home, so the gap is thicker down by the bathtub, and it gets smaller as it reaches the ceiling. We are trying to find a solution to fill in the gap without it looking cheesy. Any suggestions?? We appreciate ANY help!

Bob's HandyGuy

Reaction score
I suggest you rent a tile saw. You can then cut small slivers off the end of a full tile matching the angle of the intersecting wall. Fill the gap until there is a small enough space where 100% silicone caulk will cover it. I had the same problem when I tiled my shower. Used one of those score and snap tile cutters. It worked o.k. until you need a thin piece. You could also glue a plastic corner molding on the gap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks