Price pfister 3-handle valve for rainshower?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Georgeoh, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Georgeoh

Georgeoh New Member

I'm thinking of using the Price Pfister 801-DC00 3-handle valve from Lowes (separate hot & cold, plus a diverter typically used to toggle between shower and tub) for a shower-only application. I'd like to use the standard shower output of the valve to operate the standard shower head, and connect the tub output of the valve to a rainshower head, so that I can switch between the two different shower heads. Obviously, I won't be using the tub spigot that comes in the kit, but rather, this will be plumbed into the rainshower.

Any ideas, suggestions, or outright "don't do it's"? I think the valve body is an 01-31XA, but I'm not sure at this point.

Thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

diverter

It will work until the diverter stops diverting and then you will get flow from both showers.
  3. Georgeoh

Georgeoh New Member

diverter

I'm guessing this would be the same situation if I used a separate diverter with a standard shower valve. I called Price Pfister, and they said it could easily be done, but that there may be some flow issues with the rain shower head. I'm going to try it.