pressure tank and water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

4evarodeo

Reaction score
My well pressure tank blew a hole last night and at the same time both of my water heaters did too (I have two. One is for a bathroom that was added on in the back). Water flooded everywhere in the house. What can cause that? A few days before the well kept tripping off and had to be reset. I know it will be replaced but before all that I am wondering what can cause that. How and where are places I can check to see if it was the reason?
Thank you for your time

Reach4

Reaction score
I can't see that much pressure being generated from your pressure switch getting stuck on, but it is as close as I can figure.

Are you sure there is a hole in each water tank? If the water pressure got to 150, water would have come out of the T&P relief valves. Were those piped into the room, or were those piped to outside?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I doubt your pump can even build 150 PSI to pop off the T&P valve. I also doubt it can build enough pressure to blow a hole in the pressure tank or water heater. I have seen them test those tanks and it usually at 300+ PSI to pop one. You still need a 75 PSI pressure relief valve somewhere to protect the pump from deadheading, which will also limit the pressure on the tank and heater. Most tank and pump problems, like tripping the overload are caused from the pump cycling on and off too much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks