pressure in sink - sprayer high -hot + cold low

Users who are viewing this thread

kitchengoddess

Reaction score
Help, My sink is 1 year old and so is the faucet. Everything worked fine in the beginning and then the pvc pipe (that little p or j pipe) kept coming apart under the sink. I fixed the problem with flexable plumbing tape. Then a high pitched noise started. Finally it stopped. Now the sprayer works fine but the hot and cold water only comes out in a small stream. Plus when the sprayer is in use the hot or cold water doesn't turn off. I've pulled the faucet apart to see if it was clogged but everything looks fine. ??????

Prashster

Reaction score
Did you unscrew and clean the aerator in the faucet? Also, did you check the diverter?

The pvc pipe is the drain, and shouldn't have anything to do with your water supply problems. However, wrapping the outside with tape isn't really the way to fix it. Teflon tape (assuming that's what it is) goes on the inside.

kitchengoddess

Reaction score
What is a diverter

Yes, i did check the aerator and if a leave it off the pressure is the same. But what is a diverter?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The diverter is the part in the faucet that stops the water from coming out of the spout when you squeeze the sprayer handle.

A properly assembles P trap does not require taping of any kind. As previously noted, you have 2 separate issues, the drain and the supply. One does not affect the other.

kitchengoddess

Reaction score
I can't find the diverter

Does the diverter look like a hand ? Would it be at the base of the faucet and hard to get too or see? The sprayer works perfectly, the hot and cold comes out of the faucet in a small small stream...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A divertor directs water to one outlet or the other. It sounds like the divertor is partially stuck, telling the faucet to send water to the sprayer. When you release the lever, it should snap back to then divert the water to the spout. Some dirt could be in there making it stick.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
What brand of faucet?

Some (maybe all) manufacturers have toll-free numbers you can call for help. Moen is particularly good, IMHO, and are open on Saturday. I had a similar problem and they just sent me a new faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks