Possible broken drain pipe, shower, toilet, sink clogged.

Users who are viewing this thread

lalael

Reaction score
Hi, brand new to the forum. Trying to get some help for this:
First some back story:
This has been quite the day for us. A week or so ago we noticed there was a leak in our main water line into our house. We weren't able to get to it until today. My husband exposed the pipe and saw that there was a valve there that the water was leaking out of. He tried to tighten it and then was trying to remove a nut that was on top of it, not realizing it was the valve itself. water started spraying out and he shut it off at the main shut-off. At this point he inspected the valve he'd removed and realized the washer was bad. Went out and got a replacement and put it back on, no leak. Yay!

In the process of turning on the faucets in the house to get the water going again we noticed that under the house there was a broken drainage pipe (I'm assuming that's what it's called. very new to all this.) when we turn on the kitchen sink it seems like the water is just draining under the house. If we flush the toilet or run the bathtub faucet the water level in the broken pipe would rise a little and overflow it. Not much, but some.

It's the weekend and seeing as we have no idea how long it's been like that, we decided we'd just call a plumber or something on Monday.

I decided to take a shower (different shower than the one we were working with earlier) and noticed the drain was clogged. Didn't think too much of it as I have long hair and it happens. But when I pulled the hair out, it didn't fix it. Also, the toilet in that bathroom is clogged. No amount of plunging seems to help. The sink in that bathroom seems to be working fine but the sink next to our washing machine in the garage nearby also had some standing water in it. We decided to try flushing the drain vent after watching a video online but the water backed up into the garage sink and bathtub (but didn't seem to in the toilet). Any idea what this could be? We're probably going to have to bite the bullet and call a plumber but it would sure be nice to not have to blow the few hundred bucks or more that's going to cost us.

I don't know if this has any connection with the water leak we had or if the broken drain pipe problem has any connection with the standing water in our bathroom or if it just all happens to be happening at once...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks