Porcher Veneto -- how to remove a part?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kate7745

Reaction score
we have a Porcher Veneto 9712x and have purchased a replacement piston. how do we remove the part that covers the old piston so that we can get to it? it is shown here as part no 4. what we need to install is part no 5
image.jpg

Kate7745

Reaction score
further, the cover seems to have two small plastic clips, one om each side, that barely move. are these clips what hold the unit in place, or should we be looking elsewhere?

Kate7745

Reaction score
  • Probably shouldn't have posted the above message in a new thread. That was my husband posting under my login, while we're trying to figure this thing out. In the so-far fruitless course of trying to get the piston out, I have discovered one other thing: The gasket, part #7 in the schematic, is a goner. So I'll have to order one. Could that be the source of the leaking and gasping (toilet sounds like it's gasping for air every time it runs), or a combo of piston & gasket?
In any case, it's now become my personal challenge to figure this out. Suggestions welcome!

P.S. Here is a snap of one of the clips on the unit that defies any attempts to disengage.

image.jpg

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
It looks like a little hook. The hook snaps over the rim of the small rectangular hole. If there is one on both sides, pry up the hook part and twist the round part .

Kate7745

Reaction score
Smooky, I have pried with the best of them. Even with the inducement of various implements that sucker is not moving. Now what? I am fair beside myself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks