pool heater quits

Users who are viewing this thread

blewis

Reaction score
I have a TELEDYNE LAARS Lite pool heater.
Just did spring start up - the pilot light works well.
the heater starts - stays on for 2 to 5 minutes - then shuts off :(. I flick the on/off switch to off then on & the heater starts up again ( the water is only low 50s) & the cycle repeats.... :confused:
help! thanks ....

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
this is generic, not specific to your heater...

I'd look closely at the flue to make sure it isn't obstructed - maybe a mouse nest or something like that. It sounds like it is a safety circuit that is shutting it down unless the thermostat is bad. Is the pump circulating the water properly? If not, the water in that small volume of the heater could easily get hot enough to inform the heater it has reached temp. Could be clogged or the flow restricted - maybe some leaves?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

You have to test every safety device to see which one is doing it, THEN figure out why. It could be a pressure switch, or a flow switch, or a high temperature switch due to poor circulation,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks