Polyethylene Pipe under slab?

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by rossy65, Jan 24, 2009.

1. rossy65

rossy65 New Member

I'm preparing to lay some poly water pipe from my well to the shop (about 70' run to the well cap). I read someplace that poly pipe cannot run under a foundation. I was planning on digging under the footing, so I don't have to drill in the footing wall, then come straight up 90 degrees into the shop where I was planning on having the pressure tank.

Can I run the poly inside some PVC pipe under the foundation, or will it be acceptable? I haven't checked with Washington County here in Oregon. Generally trying to talk to someone in the permit office has been less than productive. I'm hoping for better results when I see inspectors face to face on this project.

Also I was planning on getting 200PSI 1" diameter pipe, and also running conduit for the electrical for the pump. The code I have read indicates plastic pipe needs a tracer wire as well... so for belt and suspenders I will probably run that too. Questions are, can I co-locate the 240V line and the water in the same trench? I'm down about 18"-24".

Just thought I'd ask. I'll be talking to the county next week to pull the permits for the plumbing part. Electrical permit is already pulled.

--R
    :)