plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

ddmedlin

Reaction score
I installed a water heater all of the connection are correct. The problem is when I turn on the hot side (be it kitchen sink or lavatory) I get a air surge and this happen all the time. I am on city water.What do you think the problem is .Thank you for your help.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is the water exceptionally hot?

Sometimes there is an incompatibility between the water chemistry and the anode rod in the WH...not sure if that could produce that symptom.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Don't know how long ago you installed the new unit. After making all the connections, you need to run all the hot taps for a few minutes to get the air out of the lines. After that, air should not reoccur, so we are at a loss for an expanation. How hot is the water?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks