1. ddmedlin

ddmedlin New Member

I installed a water heater all of the connection are correct. The problem is when I turn on the hot side (be it kitchen sink or lavatory) I get a air surge and this happen all the time. I am on city water.What do you think the problem is .Thank you for your help.
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

How long have you let the water run for?
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Is the water exceptionally hot?

Sometimes there is an incompatibility between the water chemistry and the anode rod in the WH...not sure if that could produce that symptom.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Don't know how long ago you installed the new unit. After making all the connections, you need to run all the hot taps for a few minutes to get the air out of the lines. After that, air should not reoccur, so we are at a loss for an expanation. How hot is the water?