Plumbing,what kind of pipe to use

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by daisysdaddy, Mar 15, 2005.

1. daisysdaddy

daisysdaddy New Member

I live in an 1982 mobile home that has the old grey qest piping, which does burst once in a while. I'm getting ready to replace all of it. I would like to know which pipe is better, the knew pex pipe or copper tubing. I plan on useing a brand name in the pex called Zurn is that a good brand? And if I use copper I plan on useing the L type. Also can you glue pex? Thanks

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  2. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

Plumber
    Pex can not be glued, go with pex all the way, if you must use copper then do use type l.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. RioHyde

RioHyde Plumber

Plumber
    I'm not "PEX proficient" as we are just now beginning to use it. I've repiped waterlines in and under a mobile home using type L copper before though. I can tell you that soldering while laying on your back is a pain in the dexterior. If given the option, I'd go with PEX in this application.