Plumbing vent flashing

Users who are viewing this thread

tomcat22

Reaction score
Not really a remodeling question but thought it fit best here (I am remodeling, though :) While in my attic, I notice sunlight streaming in by my vent. I then noticed water damage on some boxes stored under the vent. The flashing appears to be rubber (it's black) and ripped. The roof is a very steep pitch. From my attic floor to the penetraction, I'd guess it to be 12 feet. I will probably be replacing the roof in a year or two. Is there a relatively simply patch I can use until I re-roof, or should I just replace the whole flashing piece? Thanks.

BigLou

Reaction score
PS 4020 will do the job too bad its going to cost way more then a new boot.
I would look for Geocell 2300 with some reinforcing fabric, thats a simple fairly low cost way to fix it. If you didn't want to get on the roof you could always fill in around the boot with foam in a can

Good luck

Lou

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks