Plumbing in outside walls

Users who are viewing this thread

marcs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm planning to remodel my bathroom and would like to relocate the shower head plumbing from an interior wall to an exterior wall (that way I can look out the window to admire my landscaping while taking a shower). The exterior walls are 2x6 construction, fully insulated with fiberglass insulation. The home is in new England about 30 miles NW of Boston. It can occasionally get below 0F but not often. Any chance of the pipes freezing? Would adding 1/2" pipe insulation help in addition to the wall insulation? Thanks!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It will depend on things we can't see. Is there tyvek on the outside, temp on inside, air / wind infilltration.

I just ripped open a 2X6 wall and repaired 2 freeze breakes last week. The breakes were up against the drywall. It was a laundry room that was not kept as warm as the rest of the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks