plumbing brands compatible with newport brass plumbing threads

Users who are viewing this thread

kcamp

Reaction score
i am remodeling a shower. the faucets are 18 year old newport. i don't want to do demo on tile. i just want to easily replace faucets and not buy newport brass cause it is so expensive. any ideas?

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're dreaming. There is little to no interchangeability among different makes of plumbing fixtures. If you can open the wall on the non-tile side, it "might" be
possible to install different valves/faucets without disturbing the tile.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
SOMETIMES, an upscale brand, such as Newport, uses the parts from a mainline company, such as Central or Pfister, as its base. In those cases, you can use parts from the original manufacturer to redo it. But, you have to do due diligence and determine whether the base is proprietary or not.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many (most?) companies make their internal parts such that they specifically aren't interchangeable with other companies stuff thus forcing you to buy directly from them. The only thing (usually) guaranteed to be universal is the end connection to the supply so you can hook it up and that may even be a proprietary adapter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks