Plumbing a second standpipe

Users who are viewing this thread

noderman

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in the getting ready to install a water softener and would like to add a second standpipe in my basement. Access to floor drain in not practical as it is located in the walking path of the laundry room. I currently have the setup in the photo. The trap and vertical 2" pipe is for the washer drain. The 1 1/2 vertical pipe on the left is the vent going to the roof. The horizontal 2" pipe at the bottom is from a bar sing roughly 5 feet away which is vented (or re vented) correct me if I'm wrong, back to the 1 1/2 inch vertical on the left.

How can I add a second drain? Could i put a 1 1/2 inch trap above the existing trap? Or a better way. Maybe somehow tying into the horizontal and the into the vent above. I should also mention that I have a condensate pump, and a R/O system that I need to use these 2 standpipes for.

Not sure where to go.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
20150614_122119.jpg
20150614_122119.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks