Plugs off, Breaker On

Users who are viewing this thread

TedL

Reaction score
Third if the brakes go out on my car just as everyone else I have them repaired which has nothing to do with a refrigerator.

Forth if a kid draws pictures of weapons while in school not only should that kid be expelled but the parents should do jail time for not teaching the kid to do better. Someone should have taught him how to think of the consequences of his actions for breaking the schools rules. I don’t think that my child should be in fear so another child can express their self and vice versa.

As I have already said and am saying again should you have an appliance that is tripping a GFCI and you choose to ignore the problem or decide to put a band aid on it then that is your choice but it is also my choice to replace the item which is exactly what I am going to do. I place a value on my loved ones that is much higher than the price of an appliance.

I am sorry to hear that you have instilled such fear in your children that they would feel threatened by a doodle of a civil war rifle, copied from a textbook supplied by the school. You left out the flogging that should accompany the imprisonment.

Given the level of fear you live in and try to induce in others, I don't understand how you miss the connection between the safety
role of brakes and the safety role of GFIs.

And by the way, the phony debate technique you employ of putting words in my mouth and then inveighing against them merely reveals your own doubts about your ability to present a rational, compelling argument.

My points were two: First, confirm that the problem was in the refrig. and not the GFI. Second, consider repairs where practical. Go back and have someone read my comments to you, if necessary

You say you grasp the second concept in the context of 2 ton +/_missles hurtling down the highway at 65 MPH (i.e., brakes can be repaired, the car need not be replaced when they become unsafe). But not anything electrical. That's your limitation, not mine.

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that you have instilled such fear in your children that they would feel threatened by a doodle of a civil war rifle, copied from a textbook supplied by the school. You left out the flogging that should accompany the imprisonment.
The rules are the rules and there shouldn’t any exceptions. The rule is no drawing of firearms then so be it.

Given the level of fear you live in and try to induce in others, I don't understand how you miss the connection between the safety role of brakes and the safety role of GFIs.
If you truly think that the brakes of a car is the same as a GFCI then I have nothing but pity for you and shall stop trying to explain anything as it is obvious that you wouldn’t be able to understand.

My points were two: First, confirm that the problem was in the refrig. and not the GFI. Second, consider repairs where practical. Go back and have someone read my comments to you, if necessary
It was already confirmed that the refrigerator was the problem and to sink money into a 10 year old appliance just ain’t sensible.

As to the brakes on a car any reasonable person knows that breaks are made to be replaced at certain intervals. Hermetic refrigerant motor-compressors have never been designed for replacement and for the cost of replacement and the price of a new unit I wouldn’t waste my time and money on something that is already served it life serving me.

Now if you can’t see the difference between the brakes on a car and a GFCI make sure someone checks your bag of oranges to ensure that you haven’t bought a bag full of tennis balls.

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
My refrigerator is plugged into one of the "small appliance branch circuits" serving my kitchen. Both of the sabc's are ground fault protected by individual GFCI circuit breakers installed when the house was built in 1987. My refrigerator has NEVER tripped the GFCI circuit breaker nor has any other appliance yet I CAN trip either of the GFCI breakers every time with my GFCI tester.

ALL of my garage receptacles are GFCI protected, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks