Pls Help Identify Shower/Tub Trim Model/Valve

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by tzwizard, Feb 11, 2011.

1. tzwizard

tzwizard New Member

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I think yours is an old Legend, but not moentrol. The issues will be the location of the screw holes in the escutcheon. I can't see your screws, but think they might be at 7 and 5 oclock. The Kinglesy moentrol has the screw at 8 and 2
  3. tzwizard

tzwizard New Member

Thanks. Any ideas on other trim kits that would possibly fit, either new or old stock ?

Cheers
  4. tzwizard

tzwizard New Member

I contacted Moen support and they were very quick with their response. They did not identify, but if it is a standard valve, gave me the adapter part I needed which would adapt any moentrol trim, Moen Part #145058.

Hope this helps anyone else!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Let's give moen tech support a BZ on this one. I was not previously aware of that adapter. I was aware that several years ago, they stopped making MOST of the trim kits for the Legend and Chateau, leaving the only choices as Chrome with Acrylic knobs. That adapter ( upside down in the drawing ) will apparenly allow you to use the wide variety of knob styles and finishes available in the Moentrol line. If someone had a Chateau ( flat escutcheon) they MIGHT need an extension kit, but with your Legend, you should be fine.