please help with maaxmaestro

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by 38super, Jun 29, 2005.

1. 38super

38super New Member

Hi All
    I am new to this forum so please bare with me.
    I just purchased a new Maax Maestro and am happy with in most part
    BUT I am very very disappointed in the pressure /volume I am getting out
    of the six body jets .. The bathroom is all new with new pressure tank in basement
    I have the 1/2 inch fittings but am running 3/4 inch right up to thermostatic valve .
    My plumber told me you have more then enough pressure (60 lb)
    but hitting bottle neck in thermostatic valve which looks smaller then 1/2 inch .
    Went to Home Depot to check out why I am getting nothing . They said it is regulated
    how much water you can use like only using 2.5 gal in a toilet . Does any one have any ideas
    how to by pass this so I can get some therapeutic therapy out of this system . This was not a cheap install
    any ANY help would be of much help . Are their better thermostatic valves that I could install
    to make this blast ............Thanks Bill
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Most tub/shower valves are not restricted, it is the showerheads that are. For 6 showerheads, you really should have bought a 3/4" supply valve. 2.5gpm x 6 is 15gpm. You won't get that through a 1/2" valve, I don't think. My unprofessional opinion.