Please explain Brine SLow Rinse cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

14kbiz

Reaction score
My Autotrol 460i was not drawing up brine. My settings are 15 hardness, 24 capacity, and about 11 lbs salt. I called the dealer and he walked me thru a fix. Brine slow rinse seemed to be sucking air and I added more water to brine tank, he said level maybe low, so then the level was about 2 inches below the float, at least 6 -7 gallons in brine tank. Still sucking air, no water in glass window and ball not floating. Then he had me manually run Fast Rinse and said this would push any air out of the lines. I then manually went to brine slow rinse and it was working fine. Glass window was full, ball was floating and brine level was dropping. About half way thru the brine slow rinse cycle all brine was sucked from the brine tank and it seemed to start sucking air again. Glass window empty, ball not floating and sound like its sucking air. Water was coming out drain line and my water meter is turning so I assume it was rinsing. I never sat and watched a complete cycle. Is it normal to draw ALL the brine? And should I hear this sound of air be sucked in? Or could this be something in the brine line tube where the float is located?
Fast Rinse seems to be working properly, rinsing resin and refilling brine tank. Brine now appears to be about half the level in was before which would make sense if my salt setting is 11 lbs and it refills about 3-4 gallons.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would say that it is time to replace the air check kit, AT1032416 as the ball is no long sealing like it should when the brine is done from the salt tank or the ring the ball sets on is damaged...
The ball is what stops air from getting into the system when brine draw is done.

14kbiz

Reaction score
Thanks. Is it easy to change? Looks like one screw, do I have to depressurize the tank to change it?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Should be simple, two screws in my book and undoing the brine line removal and replacing with new.
For kicks I would start a cycle and put the unit in bypass , let the water stop flowing to the drain and change out the part.
Better safe than start the change and fight a water spray...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks