pipe from house to street in city sewer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by sweisens, Mar 14, 2011.

1. sweisens

sweisens New Member

I had a plumber say "found heavy roots. rodded multiple times main sits full of water last 8 feet of pipe"

How long do I have before I need to replace it?

The city put a new street with sewer a few years ago. Did something go wrong that my line sits full of water?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If for some reason the new sewer is higher than the tap for the old one, maybe...the sewer line needs a downwards slope the whole way. It sounds like that in not the case. Could have been that way all along, or done after they redid the sewer.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Did he have a camera run through the line? IF NOT, how does he know there is water in the sewer, and for HOW FAR? You could have to replace it tomorrow, or it could last for years, there is no way to know.