pipe from house to street in city sewer

Users who are viewing this thread

sweisens

Reaction score
I had a plumber say "found heavy roots. rodded multiple times main sits full of water last 8 feet of pipe"

How long do I have before I need to replace it?

The city put a new street with sewer a few years ago. Did something go wrong that my line sits full of water?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If for some reason the new sewer is higher than the tap for the old one, maybe...the sewer line needs a downwards slope the whole way. It sounds like that in not the case. Could have been that way all along, or done after they redid the sewer.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Did he have a camera run through the line? IF NOT, how does he know there is water in the sewer, and for HOW FAR? You could have to replace it tomorrow, or it could last for years, there is no way to know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks