Pfister - Removing quick connect HELP

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by JeffH, Dec 13, 2006.

1. JeffH

JeffH New Member

Purchased a replacement sprayer (with hose) for a Pfister Contempra faucet. How the heck do you remove the old hose from the handle assy? The hose is attached via a white connector (quick connect?). I can't loosen this thing for the life of me. I can loosen the handle assy, but between the hard connected supply lines and the spray hose, it won't pull up through the counter top for easy access.

Does anybody have experience with this? POR FAVOR!

http://www.pricepfister.com/website/documents/Products/PRD_8art_15602_ex-526-01.pdf
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Usually these QC's have a ring at the end. Press down on the ring with a fingernail while gently pulling away from the pipe.
  3. JeffH

JeffH New Member

I don't see a ring, but

I downloaded the parts diagram. It shows a "Outlet Connector" that the hose fits into. How the F@#$ does one remove the hose from the connector once it is attached. I tried compressing the connector thinking it would release the hose but I can't get it to do what I want. Can't pull it through the counter top. This sucks.

Just add: http:// and take the space out of faucet & direct.
    stores.faucet direct.com/pricepfisterparts/pdfs/526contemprapullkitchen.pdf.com
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  4. fatearthworm

fatearthworm New Member

What is the age of the faucet/spray assembly and how hard is your water ?
    If your water is similar to mine, after 2 to 4 years, some dis-connections are very difficult....
    You may have to pull the whole "she-bang" in order to work on it..
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

disconnect

Press down on the top ring while pulling it. I use a small crescent wrench to do it so that I can press on both sides at the same time