1. rwbil

rwbil Member

I am planning to repipe my home and considering using PEX. Copper is not an option where I live. I live on a slab and I am planning on taking the PEX piping to the attic and bringing it down the walls for the fixtures. My question is looking at the PEX bending radius I can not bend it in a wall cavity space. I am trying to avoid cutting out more sheet rock than I have to. I have to cut out the sheetrock to fit the PEX piping to the shower divertor, but I was hoping for the sinks and toilets to avoid it if possible.

Wonder what others are doing and any suggestion for doing the least amount of sheetrock repair as possible.
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Locate the top plate in the attic above the location of the sink & toilet supplies. Open a hole in the drywall around the existing supply lines after removing them. Push the pex down from the attic and out the hole in the drywall. Crimp a elbow and 4" piece on the line then push it back in the wall.
    As long as there are no fire stops in the walls this will work in most cases.

John
  3. export!

export! DIY Member

Where do you live? Are there existing supply lines in the attic? You don't want them freezing.