Pex Piping

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by soon, Mar 6, 2008.

1. soon

soon New Member

Can you use the cold water piping Blue on both hot and cold according to ky codes
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I don't think the colored pexes are different in any way except for the dye.
  3. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

I would do all white if your looking to keep it one color. I think they make it in a few colors so it is easy for future repairs. ya know blue cold red hot.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

colors

Blue and red are so the helpers or college students, not plumbers, installing the pipe can keep it straight as to which pipe they are working on. Otherwise it makes no difference which color it is, or no color at all.