PEX connection

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by spebby, Oct 22, 2007.

1. spebby

spebby New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    I had a licensed plumber re-plumb my well house during the course of a remodeling job. The previous plumbing used Wirsbo Pex to connect the water softner. The plumber cut the Wirsbo and made a crimp connection to a brass fitting. It's my understanding that Wirsbo uses a different connection type other than a crimp ring. Is connecting Wirsbo Pex using a crimp ring a problem? I don't know what type fittings were used other than they appear to be brass. Hopefully they are not the brand that has a class action suit I've read about on this forum.
  2. chris fox

chris fox Member

May 9, 2007
    near phoenix AZ
    my understanding is the law suit is against Zurn fittings(not the pex tube). I have heard good and bad about Wirsbo and they cant be used together. But I am a plumbing novice and PEX virgin, so take my input lightly:D
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement