pex condensation concern

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Arky217, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Arky217

Arky217 New Member

I'm running pex water lines within an indoor baseboard chase. I'll be insulating the hot lines with foam tubing to retain heat, but was wondering if I should also put foam tubing on the cold lines to prevent any condensation.

The chase, being open where the lines enter/exit, will allow room air to circulate somewhat through the chase, so I was wondering if any moisture in the air will condense on the cold lines and cause dampness within the chase.

Arky
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

WHenever there is air circulation, it's possible to get condensation on cold surfaces.