Peroxide experts?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by hotrodjohn, Apr 10, 2009.

1. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn New Member

I need the hydrogen peroxide experts. I am swithching to peroxide from chlorine. The people that live in my area (Rural Northern il) have had great sucess with it and I am not wild about the chlorine. My question is about contact time. I know of several people that switched from chorine to peroxide and when they had it done the water expert removed there retention tanks because "they are not needed" with peroxide. I have sampled the two homes that I am talking about and they both have great water. I allready have two 80 gal. tanks for the chlorine system should I get rid of them or use them. I would prefer to get rid of them and add an organic trap/water softener and it would help with space. What do you think?? I am using centaur carbon after the peroxide (injected into a static mixer). What amount of peroxide do I need in the water? My sulpher is 6ppm. I have read 15 to 25 ppm on the peroxide. Can I test after the carbon filter or will that scew the result?
  2. Waterwelldude

Waterwelldude Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  3. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn New Member

Thank you

Thanks allready read them all. Not talking about "shocking" more along the lines of dosing.
  4. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn New Member

Thank you Andy
    Do you think I could get away with one 80 gal tank instead ot two tanks? I would like to add a softener and it would make for a smaller footprint install. I am using a stenner pump and I am going to install a flow switch so I can change the outside hose bibs to untreated water. The static mixer is an inline one. I am a little confused about 1ppm before te carbon tank. If I have 6ppm of sulpher wouldnt I need 6ppm of peroxide? I am buying 35% and diluting it with distilled water. I will drain my house but is there a danger with chlorine and peroxide?