Paint Vent pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tjbaudio

Reaction score
In the laundry room we want to go with a more rustic look so we are planing on leaving the celling open. We have vent pipes running there (Cell core PVC) I would like to paint it to cover up the cement and make the pipe match the celling. I have painted PVC in theater work but is this OK for an actual vent line? Will I weaken the pipe with the new Krylon for plastic?

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
from the upc code book, painting abs

all interior dwv will be painted with 2 latex paint colors !

these will be applied in a right hand twist red and white to duplicate

TONYS BARBER SHOP :D guys will luve it! mom won"t :mad:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Normaly paint sticks like glue but if you want to be sure there is no grease from cooking or anything else buy a small can of PVC cleaner, pour some on a rag and wipe the pipe down then let it dry an hour or 2 then paint to your hearts content.

Toolaholic, you said "all interior dwv will be painted with 2 latex paint colors !"
how do you paint the inside of the pipe??? :D :D .

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Interior DWV" is not the same as "Interior of DWV". If you paint your house interior, does that mean you paint in the wall cavity?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It's a joke............a play on words...........smile :)

Lancaster

Reaction score
The inspector will probably insist that you paint it purple.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks