overflow sound

Users who are viewing this thread

sawtooth

Reaction score
I had a new toto carlyle toilet installed the other day and it flushes great.The problem i'm having is after you flush and the tank fills back up and then stops sometimes there is an overflow sound of water running down the drain, also when you use the toilet there is the same overflow sound, it only last a few seconds in both occasions, do I have any thing to worry about.

Thank You

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Water stays in the bowl because the top of the trap is at the same level. Basically, as soon as you add anything to the bowl, it overflows to equalize the level. After you flush, the water from the filler goes down the overflow tube in the tank which fills the bowl to overflowing so anything added goes down the drain. What you've got is normal...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks