Outdoor shower

Users who are viewing this thread

54fighting

Reaction score
I want to run a single line to an outdoor shower. My thought is that I could connect a cold water line and a hot water line to a thermostatic mixing value inside the basement. I'd set the temperature at something comfortable. I would run a single line from the mixing value out of the basement to a CPVC line which would make up the shower line. Is this doable? If so, any suggestions for the mixing valve?

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is several options, even this with a hose running up to shower arm

Attachments

• woodford-freezeless-wall-faucet-model-22.jpg
    woodford-freezeless-wall-faucet-model-22.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 257

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
I’ve had a few outdoor showers. One in a tree house. It would be better to have the valve at the shower and not some distance away. If you’re already running one line, it’s not too hard to run another. Depending on ambient temperature I tend to adjust the shower quite a bit. Plus it will take a long time to make adjustments in the beginning since you need to wait for adjusted temperature water to reach shower.

Are you enclosing the shower? Last one I did I used vinyl fencing.

54fighting

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. This is a very simple shower; for rinsing off from the beach and maybe a dousing after working in the yard on a hot day. I'm currently taping off of a hose bib. I wanted to avoid the additional complexities of two lines and just wanted to get the water hot enough so that a rinse wasn't bone chilling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks