One-Pipe Hydronic Heating

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by techno, Feb 20, 2006.

1. techno

techno New Member

Hi, I'm installing a second zone on a hot water hydronic system with cast iron radiators. I'm using a one-pipe configuration with mono-flow tees. Is there a rule of thumb for the minimum distance between the supply and return tees on a radiator bypass? I'm using 1" copper main and 3/4" branches. Thanks very much for your help.
  2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

monoflo

I believe it's at least the width of the radiation...
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tees

Or else have an elbow between them.
  4. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Here is a link to the instruction manual which describes spacing distances. There is a specified minimum of 6 ft between two different upflow risers, and the minimum distance between downflow risers is the width of the terminal unit.

http://fhaspapp.ittind.com/literature/files/602.pdf