One-Pipe Hydronic Heating

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by techno, Feb 20, 2006.

1. techno

techno New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Hi, I'm installing a second zone on a hot water hydronic system with cast iron radiators. I'm using a one-pipe configuration with mono-flow tees. Is there a rule of thumb for the minimum distance between the supply and return tees on a radiator bypass? I'm using 1" copper main and 3/4" branches. Thanks very much for your help.
  2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Aug 7, 2005

I believe it's at least the width of the radiation...
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

Or else have an elbow between them.
  5. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Oct 20, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Here is a link to the instruction manual which describes spacing distances. There is a specified minimum of 6 ft between two different upflow risers, and the minimum distance between downflow risers is the width of the terminal unit.