Old Claw Foottub

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mip_921@yahoo.com, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mip_921@yahoo.com

mip_921@yahoo.com New Member

I have inheritied a claw foot tub and am now in the process of re-doing my bathroom with it. I have taken a bunch of coats of old paint, etc off the OUTSIDE of the tub and it is now looking very nice (the inside is fine).

I would like to seal the outside of the tub with something clear and protective.

Looking for suggestions you may have to that end. :confused: I've gotten a lot of different answers, suggestions etc. I don't WANT to use a color, just something clear. Any suggestions?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You might take it to someplace like an auto refinisher and have them put a clear-coat on it. SHould be fairly tough, look good, and last a long time as it's designed for temperature changes, and moisture. Some of those are REALLY tough, and not the easiest to install without the proper equipment.