Old Claw Foottub

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mip_921@yahoo.com, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mip_921@yahoo.com

mip_921@yahoo.com New Member

I have inheritied a claw foot tub and am now in the process of re-doing my bathroom with it. I have taken a bunch of coats of old paint, etc off the OUTSIDE of the tub and it is now looking very nice (the inside is fine).

I would like to seal the outside of the tub with something clear and protective.

Looking for suggestions you may have to that end. :confused: I've gotten a lot of different answers, suggestions etc. I don't WANT to use a color, just something clear. Any suggestions?

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    You might take it to someplace like an auto refinisher and have them put a clear-coat on it. SHould be fairly tough, look good, and last a long time as it's designed for temperature changes, and moisture. Some of those are REALLY tough, and not the easiest to install without the proper equipment.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement