Oily,black,residue In Hot Water , Fixed

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by toolaholic, Jan 29, 2006.

1. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

MY hot water stainless mesh BLACK rubber lined supply lines were defective.
    I changed them out to copper flex. drained the w.h. tank 5 min. via garden hose. i then took my 4'' grinder, with metal cut off wheel , and cut back the ss mesh. i cut open the rubber to find a black ozey rubber jelly. my wife is thrilled,so am I. thank's Terry for this great forum :) and thankyou to the poster from Texas for sharing this info. the info came quite a while ago, I'm
    old and slow. will leave the old supply, at my supply house.

may help someone else ;)