Oil fired boiler

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by Paso One, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Paso One

Paso One New Member

I am installing a small oil fired boiler Benjamin OB1000 90,000 btu in my shop. Is there any reason I shoudn't use the brand new type b vent pipe for the chimney that I have just sitting there??
    The manual says to use L type venting. Whats the differance between the two pipes.

2. MAoilTech

MAoilTech New Member

Oil Tech,HVAC
    Follow your state and local Codes if it tells you to use type L use it there is a reason.
    Type L vents are suitable for use with gas or oil. They can be used instead of a B vent, but a B vent can't be used instead of an L vent. In most cases, L vents are used with oil. Again, this is typically a double wall vent with an air space between. The inner wall is typically stainless steel and the outer wall is galvanized. Type L vents normally see temperatures of under 750F. Type L vents are tested for up to 1,000F.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement