odd 13.5" fit toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

bamakodaker

Reaction score
How can I find a toilet that fits in our built in mid-1960's house. Lots of off dimensions, things not square. Heard roofers, repairmen say several times either - "that's not right" or "I've never seen it like that before".
Our old wall hanger toilet needs to be replaced.
Bolts at toilet base/center of pipe are 13 1/2 inches from wall. Wall, not tile baseboard.
We have a very small bathroom - 53 1/2 inches across at the toilet area. The toilet bowl front sticks out 27 1/2 inches from the
wall. Leaving only 26 inches to the wall in front of it.
I'd love a compact elongated toilet that won't stick out further. I need tank to be up against the wall and really prefer the front of the toilet no further than 26 inches, maybe 27.
I've seen online specs showing 14 inch toilets up against the wall. Seen 10 inch that were 2 inches away from wall.
How can I find a toilet (normal to inexpensive yet good flushing) that will fit our specific needs?
Much thanks for any help or suggestions.
bamakodaker

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only company that makes a toilet for this that doesn't just substitute a thicker/thinner tank is a Toto with the UniFit adapter. The Unifit is the toilet trap, and they have three different ones that you mate up with the rest of the (same) toilet to accommodate either 10, 12, or 14" rough-in situations. The toilet normally sits 3/4" off the wall, so since your 14" rough is a little small, you'd only have 1/4", but it would fit. Search www.totousa.com for unifit, and it should list the versions that use that. They vary in style and cost. I have both a Vespin (2-piece) and a Carlyle (one-piece) in my house. They are generally available for a fair amount below list.

cst474_with_pedestal.jpg

TOTO Vespin II, CST474CEFG with SS114 softclose seat.
This toilet was set on a 1.35" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter in an old Seattle home.
Installation done by Love Plumbing & Remodel. 206-949-5683

cst474_side.jpg

Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
Everything is on the truck for that.
The Vespin comes with a standard 12" adapter or you can order a 10" or 14" adapter depending on your rough-in distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks