No water pressure to sprinkler heads

Users who are viewing this thread

Planojack

Reaction score
Zone 6 has only minor water pressure to sprinkler heads - This just started and has worked great in the past???? - opened and closed bleed valve but only minimal pressure??? Other valves working as normal
Richdel-R204A Valves with R811 Solenoid's. Is there a replacement kit for this valve or do i have to replace valve assembly?
Thanks,
Jack

Where is Joerg when I need him??? Ha

Fireguy97

Irrigation Contractor
Reaction score
Before you start replacing valves, is everything else ok? Are you sure that you don't have a broken pipe somewhere? Did you try to cap the sprinkler heads to see if you can find the break? Do you have a plugged pipe? I've seen mice and moles get into pipes and plug them up.

Mick

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Broken pipe would be my first guess, too. Have seen it many times in my lawn.

I would turn the zone on, feel the pipe coming out of the valve to see if it gets cold (indicates water is flowing), and if so, leave the zone on for 10 minutes - if you walk around the yard where that zone feeds, sooner or later you'll find a soggy spot or see water bubbling out of the ground. That's where to dig.

Munkinutz

Reaction score
I'm running into the same issue...I recently replaced the Valve assembly and all sprinkler heads. The system worked great about 3 days ago, but now I'm running low pressure on the zone. It is 3/4" PVC with 9 heads per zone. Zone 2 works fine; zone 1 is low on all heads with either the bleeder valve or soleniod actuation. I have my probable issues, but I'd like to get a second opinion.

Fireguy97

Irrigation Contractor
Reaction score
I'm running into the same issue...I recently replaced the Valve assembly and all sprinkler heads. The system worked great about 3 days ago, but now I'm running low pressure on the zone. It is 3/4" PVC with 9 heads per zone. Zone 2 works fine; zone 1 is low on all heads with either the bleeder valve or soleniod actuation. I have my probable issues, but I'd like to get a second opinion.
This is a seperate issue, should have been a seperate thread.

What are your pressure and flow rates?
What kind of heads?
What kind of nozzles?
Has this zone worked properly before?
Sch40 pipe or class 200?

Mick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks