No hot water on Moen Shower Faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CMWill46, Sep 7, 2009.

1. CMWill46

CMWill46 New Member

Here's my problem. I am finishing up a shower remodel and installed a new Moen Faucet for shower. I'm done tiling and grouting so I was going to caulk around the tub. I know that it's best to fill up the tub before doing so. I turned on my faucet and all I am getting is cold water. When i turn the valve to the hot side it goes off. I'm guessing that it's not opening on the hot side? Would the next step be to remove the cartridge and replace it. I know there is hot water to the valve. I just don't know the next thing to do.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Assuming you have the Moen positemp valve, the cartridge is stuck on the cold side. You could take it out, take it apart and use some silicone grease on the spool.