No heat

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by johnapo, Oct 15, 2005.

1. johnapo

johnapo New Member

Hello my problem is an air lock in the hot water system it happens at least once a year. I seen a product a few years back to remove the air can anybody help? Thanks
  2. kordts

kordts In the Trades

new product

The new product you are looking for is air bleeder valves, there is no magic formula. If you don't know how to get your heating system ready, calla plumber who specializes in hot water heat, or can work on it and have him show you what to do.

Peace out,

Kordts
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  3. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

My ex-girlfriend had this problem last year and her landlord said there was nothing that can be done! Ha! On each radiator there should be an air bleed valve. Bleed the air out of each radiator until you get (usually dirty so have a rag handy) water coming out. Turn on the system and see if it helps. If it doesn't, check them again after letting it run a few minutes.

Good luck,
    Jason
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

aair

Baseboard heat seldom has vents on each unit. She is probably referring to an air separatot device that installs on the pipe above the boiler. It "removes" the air from the water and has an automatic vent to bleed it off.
  5. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

heat

If there aren't vents at the high spots then there must be purge valves at the boiler.
    Look and see if there are any valves on the return lines.