Newport Brass Faucet Replacement Cartridge

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by catherine Landa, Aug 26, 2007.

1. catherine Landa

catherine Landa New Member

Aloha Guys,

Anyone feeling benevolent today? I have my replacement parts (cartriage and o-rings) and have screwed off the handle. I am looking at the greasy inards and I see a hex bolt. I'd dive right in, but don't want a flood, hmm, turn water off maybe? Then what?

I'd hire a plumber, honestly, I would, BUT our unemployment in Hawaii is under 1% and you cannot get a plumber for a little job.:rolleyes:
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Can you post pics.More info would help.
  3. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

I just went to newport web site and a model # would help.
  4. catherine Landa

catherine Landa New Member

Will Do! Part number 1-064 (cartriage)

...am appreciative. Husband in Fallujah AGAIN.....I really want to fix this.

I'll post an image and model number today. merci

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

numbers on part: 18.07.06
    B35 1364
    NSF 61/9

Newport Brass sent the part at no charge--they say the hard volcanic water in Hawaii and the ensuing precipitate has caused the failure, it's about five years old and was a pricey faucet. I looked on their website but did not find any directions.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007