Newbie Question: Water From Jets On Shower Setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

naterator

Reaction score
Good morning everyone.

New to the forum, but I've relied on the advice in here many times. So thanks for that.

Now I've got a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

I've recently installed a Moen shower and body jet system.

I used the Moen 3330 valve and believe it was roughed in correctly. Here are those pictures (the right hand side has been braced with add'l 2x4,s BTW):

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

And here it is completely installed (the shower head is in the ceiling):

IMG_0241.jpg

The problem is this:

When the valve is turned to just the jets, the water comes out fine (just comes out of the jets).

But when the valve is turned to shower, there is a little bit of water coming out of the bottom two jets, and out of the shower, too!!

I took the assembly apart last night and put it back together, hoping that would fix the problem. But it didn't.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!!

Nathan

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

It is called a "three function" transfer valve, but does not say whether the third function is allowing both showers to operate at the same time. You may just have a bad transfer valve spool, and it is a special one, not a 1225 or 1200 used for the on/off operation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks