New TOTO will not fill

Users who are viewing this thread

cantemus

Reaction score
Just installed TOTO Drake CST743 (replacing an old toilet, not Toto). Hooked up the water, turned on the supply, heard a slight rush of water very briefly. No water comes into the tank. The pressure in the pressure tank at this point is 50 psi (I just used a tire pressure gauge to the side of the pressure tank...did NOT drain out all water from pipes with pump off, and then turn pump on to check pressure etc) Any idea how I should proceed from here? Thanks.

Nukeman

Nuclear Engineer
Reaction score
Did you happen to use a Watts FloodSafe hose for the supply? Those don't work well for toilets.

cantemus

Reaction score
Filling now.

Thanks for the quick response. I am not sure what hose was on with the old toilet (I just used the same one). I will keep the Watts caution in mind for future installs. But after a cold one, I went back and fiddled with the fill valve. Instructions said no adjustments were needed to this, but I just happened to pull very gently on very top of the fill valve, and water began flowing in. Have tried several flushes, and it seems to be operating fine with no need of intervention. The fill valve is a bit of a black box to me, and I have no clue why this gentle tug would have allowed the water flow. But there is something to be said for a good cold one when you are stumped. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks