new toilet stack pipe is noisy

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by gmoore, Oct 15, 2005.

1. gmoore

gmoore New Member

Hello members. Recently had a new PVC stack pipe installed to upstairs bath. It runs frome 2nd floor all the way to basement then into the ground. When I flush the toilet it really "rumbles" loudly especially with paper and such making the trip. Is there any way I can get this to quiet down? I was thinking maybe some insulation. The original pipe was metal and very quiet. Thanks for all the help! Gmoore.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. Lakee911

Lakee911 I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)

Get some ear plugs or a loud stereo to drown out the noise. ;) Cast iron is definately very quiet. Putting some insulation around the pipe would make it quieter.

jason