New to Site and Forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Bulletman65

Process Engineer
Reaction score
Hello everyone!:eek:

I am glad I found this site!
I have been using a tankless Richmond / Reheem LP 7.4 gpm now for 2 years. Every November I have to take out the burner and clean it good or I will get code 11 failures.
Installed in 09 and I love the unit but wondering if anyone else has this yearly dirty duty issue. Everything is installed to exact specs too..
It's not a big deal now as I have good practice at it, I may even be able to assist someone else having this code, it always runs with no issues until
the 1 year mark in November then..... failures start.
Otherwise, switching to tankless was the best thing I have ever did, my 2 years data show a solid reduction of 1/2 the propane that I used to use. I heat the house with corn so the only propane user is the water heater. I went from 1 to 1.2 gallons per day to .6 gallons per day and it has repeated this range for 2 years! :D

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We really appreciate your input on this. Tankless as you can imagine is a hot topic. Most people either love it or hate it. Not much in between! Sounds like you are one from column A and one from column B. Your advice is right on the mark....tankless do require frequent maintenance, much more so than a tank unit. You did not mention whether you flush annually. But with proper maintenance, it seems you are a happy customer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks