New To Forum

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Larry4, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Larry4

Larry4 New Member

Hi Guys Larry here. I new to the forum. I have been in the HVAC field for 15 years and hold a JM lic/ CFC lic. etc. I have been plumbing for 8 yrs and now am studing for my JM plumbing lic. Im studying out of the IPC book. Im not really having any trouble with the codes, explanations etc. I am having a bit of trouble reading the Isometric drawings,layouts etc . I was wondering how much I should really study these in detail? Are there alot of drawings on the tests?
    This is a great place for info and help from what I read. Anyone ever need any help on HVAC please dont hesitate to contact.

Thanks,

Lar
  2. westcoastplumber

westcoastplumber Plumbing Contractor

welcome to the forum.

when I took my c-36 for california, which is UPC, we had drawings for sizing gas, water, and waste and vent.

They would ask you only certain fitting and pipe sizes, but to get those, you would have to size pretty much the whole system.

Those were about the only drawings on the test. There were blue print questions, but mostly identification and symbol questions.

I don't remember there being any blue prints or anything like that, only the drawings for the sizing which I mentioned above.

Good Luck! Glad your doing the right thing and getting a license.