New Sink: 1-1/2" to 1-1/4" Trap to Tailpiece

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Madera, May 4, 2005.

1. Madera

Madera New Member

I'm installing a new console sink, and the drain pipe/trap/etc. is 1-1/2" and the tailpiece that came with the faucet is 1-1/4". Are there adapters to connect the two?

Also, is there anything else I should pick up at the home improvement store to complete this task? It seems like everytime I start, I've got to go back to get something else (I can't think of a more frustrating place to spend my time). I have the sink, the faucet (missing a washer for the drain assembly), p-trap, tailpiece and supply lines.

Thank you!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

connection

There are many ways to connect that pipe to the trap. The easiest for you may be a 1 1/2" x 1 1/4" slip nut and washer.