New shower trim wallplate doesn't cover shower wall hole

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ax77, Dec 2, 2006.

  1. ax77

    ax77 New Member

    Dec 2, 2006
    I have an old price pfister shower trim that I'm trying to replace. I bought a new price pfister trim so i wouldn't need to replace the valve, but the new trim has a circular wallplate and the old one is octogonal wallplate and when i tried to install the new one i saw that it didnt completely cover the hole in the shower wall. The walls are cultured marble so replacing them is out of the question and i really dont want to buy another wallplate. I'm sure if i could find some sort of stainless ring/washer thats a bit bigger in diameter, i could place it under the new wallplate to cover the hole completely but i dont know how to go about looking for something like this. does anyone know if something like this exists?
  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Wall plates like that are readily available and any good plumbing supply. Around here, everyone calls them "Smitty Plates". Never knew the reason. The official name is probably "remodel plate". Anyway, it is available.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. ax77

    ax77 New Member

    Dec 2, 2006
    I looked up remodel plates but I cannot find any round ones. Do you where i could find round remodel plates?
Similar Threads: shower trim
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog New shower - valve and trim questions Mar 10, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Price Pfister OX8 shower trim and valve Feb 4, 2015
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog help identifying this tub/shower rough in to replace the trim Sep 4, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog wood trim or pvc trim for shower wall meet ceiling? Aug 10, 2014
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog No hot water from shower/tub - Moen standard valve with Moentrol adapter/trim Jan 30, 2014

Share This Page