New shower in Mobile home

Users who are viewing this thread

Pewterpower

Reaction score
My son in law wants remove the existing tub, and replace it with a prefabbed shower from the big box store.
My question pertains to the pipes.
They use a different kind of pipe in mobile homes, right? Can I get an adapter and repipe the entire bathroom with 1/2 inch cpvc?
For that matter, can we repipe the entire trailer with cpvc?

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
If a newer trailer, it should be using at least 1 1/2" piping min, and maybe 2" at the max. If a older trailer, it should be all 1 1/2" drain piping. The only time I had to make changes on a trailer, was with the drain line for a washer, and it was 1 1/2" without the proper P trap.

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
My fault also. Most trailers if newer, should be using CPVC, some of the older ones used Copper 3/8". It really depends on the age of the trailer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks