New shower in Mobile home

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Pewterpower, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Pewterpower

Pewterpower New Member

My son in law wants remove the existing tub, and replace it with a prefabbed shower from the big box store.
    My question pertains to the pipes.
    They use a different kind of pipe in mobile homes, right? Can I get an adapter and repipe the entire bathroom with 1/2 inch cpvc?
    For that matter, can we repipe the entire trailer with cpvc?
  2. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

If a newer trailer, it should be using at least 1 1/2" piping min, and maybe 2" at the max. If a older trailer, it should be all 1 1/2" drain piping. The only time I had to make changes on a trailer, was with the drain line for a washer, and it was 1 1/2" without the proper P trap.
  3. Pewterpower

Pewterpower New Member

Sorry.........
    I'm talking about supply, not drain. My bad.
  4. brownizs

brownizs In the Trades

My fault also. Most trailers if newer, should be using CPVC, some of the older ones used Copper 3/8". It really depends on the age of the trailer.