new shower head, no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Artemis

Reaction score
I installed a new shower head. The actual installation was no problem. But then when I went to have my shower this morning, all I got was freezing cold water, no hot.

Aside from not knowing how to fix this, I can't even figure out how it's possible! This is a standard bathtub shower, where you set the temperature & flow using the faucet taps, then flick the switch to send the water to the shower head. The water is going into shower head is from a single nozzle with the hot & cold water already mixed. So how can this be happening?

Oh, and I took the new shower head off and put the old one back on, and the hot water returned. So the problem is definitely with the new shower head.

It's a Delta shower head, massage variety (I don't know the model). It does have a valve for regulating flow, but not temperature. And fiddling with the valve doesn't affect the temperature at all.

Any suggestions? TIA

Artemis

Reaction score
I'm in a condo (highrise) with central hot water.

But like I say, the water temperature is fine at the taps and when I put the old shower head back on ... so the problem has to be with the new shower head.

AlwaysInHotWater

Reaction score
Sounds like it's the shower head, but it can't be. A shower head simply allows water to pass through and doesn't regulate hot or cold. Although there are some that have an anti-scald feature, these simply shut the flow off when too hot. The idea of the tankless water heater makes sense because they quite often require a minimum flow in order to turn on. My bet is that it is the new shower head being too restricted.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks