New second floor Bathroom/Dormer

Users who are viewing this thread

Swingarm

Reaction score
Greetings all This is my first post here. I'm just going explain this in point form with a few pics. Hope you fellas can help.

-Dormer going out of story and 3/4 house , New space will be the bathroom.

- front door entrance below the bath room is 4 feet wide (2- 2x4 walls on either side) I want to run the stack in this 2x4 wall. I know i might have to build it up, but was hoping with a drop down ceiling in the entrance way, i might be able to sneak it through the wall?

-second floor joists are 2x6

- can do a drop ceiling up to 6 inches maybe more in the 3x4 front entrance (see floor plan)

-water meter and sewer clean out directly below in basement so i could cut into the floor.
or, other waste stack is 20 feet on opposite side of house.

-Thought I might use a 3x3x3 x2 x2 sanitary tee to try and get this done so i would use 2" for the shower and sink

-The shower drain will run with the joist in the same joist space as the toilet.

- The sink is i bit more challenging because i cant cut into those 2x6 joists
should I build a shallow false wall and run that sink drain above the floor across the joists and over to the
toilet drain?

Any help would be appreciated. In the floor plan pic the top pic shows the first and second floors superimposed in case it looks confusing.

Thanks

Attachments

• revised second floor .png
    revised second floor .png
    164.3 KB · Views: 164
  • plumbing draw .jpg
    plumbing draw .jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks