New old tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Nukedaddy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I used to write on some of these forums, and I remember Terry's name from those days. I work in Nuclear Power now and I need a couple of things I used to be able to get but can't seem to find anymore.
First, I would like to find a full set of caulking irons, including pony and ceiling irons. Don't even know who still makes them.

Second. The Nuke I now work in is in Canada, and the DWV system is falling apart. All the sweat joints in the copper drains were silver soldered and tested to a similar standard as the nuclear piping! Anyway, the DWV piping system they are using for gradual replacements is a Sched 80, DWV pattern PVC in light grey color and is marked flame resistant. Does anyone make this stuff in the states?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I used to write on some of these forums, and I remember Terry's name from those days. I work in Nuclear Power now and I need a couple of things I used to be able to get but can't seem to find anymore.
First, I would like to find a full set of caulking irons, including pony and ceiling irons. Don't even know who still makes them.

Second. The Nuke I now work in is in Canada, and the DWV system is falling apart. All the sweat joints in the copper drains were silver soldered and tested to a similar standard as the nuclear piping! Anyway, the DWV piping system they are using for gradual replacements is a Sched 80, DWV pattern PVC in light grey color and is marked flame resistant. Does anyone make this stuff in the states?

Here is a link for the irons.http://www.mephistotool.com/caulkingIrons.html Also if there is a Ferguson in your area they can get the caulking tools you need.

As for the Schedule 80 All I ever seen is pressure fittings. Never seen any DWV. But that does not mean someone does not make them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Dwv

Unless they are also using sch. 80 drainage fittings, which I cannot imagine where they would find them, EVERY joint has a problem because the pipe wall is thicker than the recess in the fitting, which creates a "dam" at every connection.

Nukedaddy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sch 80 dwv

The fittings and the pipe are sched 80, and the fittings are sanitary pattern. No ID bumps or ridges. They are designed for this purpose, I just never saw them in the states in 30+ years as a plumber and engineer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks