New House bubbling toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeremy6

Engineer
Reaction score
I built a house (4 bed 3 bath) less than a year ago in central FL on a septic system. There are no trees affecting the system. The bubbling toilet is located on an outside wall beside a shower tub in a Jack and Jill style bathroom. It occurred as the tub was drained on a normal plumbing usage day. I checked the vent stack on the roof today and there were no apparent blockages. The vent stack is above the sinks only (some 7-8 feet away from the tub and toilet). The affected toilet also happens to be the closest to the septic tank. My construction photographs confirm there is no vent through the roof for the tub and toilet in this bathroom.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Had you had a lot of rain prior/during the time this was happening? You may have saturated the leach field. Eventually, when things dry out, everything returns to normal. Was there standing water out in the yard? You have an idea of the depth of the water table where you live? It typically isn't very deep in many parts of FL.

Jeremy6

Engineer
Reaction score
My water table is over 10 feet deep (based on the depth of the borrow pit during construction) and the leach field is set about 4-5 feet below finish grade. There was no rain to saturate the soils. We've been relatively dry for a few months.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IF there's a partial blockage somewhere, the combination of what was dumped down the drain, such as doing laundry, running the shower(s), emptying a tub, could have filled the pipe, but eventually, it drains out and may not recur unless things get worse, slowing the drainage down, or that magic combination of events recurs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks