New Gas Meter

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jakedvm, Jul 14, 2005.

1. jakedvm

jakedvm New Member

I am building an new house and need to figure out what size gas meter I need either 6" or 2lb. Can someone explain how to figure this? All my appliances and boiler etc need at a maximum 5-11". Do I need to account for several appliances drawing at the same time?
    Thanks
    Jake
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

gas

If you don't know the difference between the two pressures and when you need them, then you are doing something that you are not qualified to do. Two psi is a medium pressure system for very specific situations and it still has to be reduced to the standard 6" pressure when it gets to your appliance.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The service pressure to the house will be deteremined by the utility. The sizez of your distribution piping system will be determined bt the BTU/hr ( or CuFt./hr ) demand of the appliances connected. This calculation needs to be done by a qualified plumber, and approved by the building inspector.